January 19, 2011

Perfect... by Ruth Hogben

Before taking her independent leap on first projects for Alexander McQueen and Topshop, Ruth Hogben shadowed the legendary photographer Nick Knight.  
“My main starting point is the clothes. Every single movement conveys a message, a feeling of who the woman is.  Every movement has to have an understanding of who is in it and that piece of clothing.  The reason I like fashion film is that fashion is immediate: I fall in love with fashion really quickly and I fall out of love really quickly... When you are working with anyone creative, it just becomes a conversation, which flows.  Working collaboratively is always very exciting because you get to see the world through someone else’s eyes.  I’ve worked with Gareth a number of times and his vision is very strong, so there’s not much room for interpretation.  On the other hand, he is so open and free for me to communicate that.  Working with McQueen, I thought Nick pushed but Lee is just out of this world!  I didn’t go to bed because I felt like I wanted to achieve making this really amazing film.” - The filmmaker herself
Here is another of her stylishly addicting creations.  This video was done for the French house of Celine. Fall/Winter 2010-2011 Collection. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...